Monday, May 24, 2010

Catch up which sounds like ketchup...depends on where you're from.

School is done! Greatness. I finished with more than satisfactory work (at least in my opinion which is the only one that matters). And now I've managed to go to 4 states in a month. NC, then to Cali to see my bff and fam, back to NC, then to Kansas to see my babies graduate, back to NC, and then heading up to Baltimore this weekend. Interesting, I know.

Vulnerability. I like to think that I'm good at it but in reality I am not. So let's make a few attempts.

1. I think about being a mom sometimes and it freaks me out. I don't think I'd be a good mom. Sometimes I don't think I'm nurturing enough and the thought of staying home bores me to tears. But then I think about being a part of something, something being half of me and it is exciting. And then I think about teaching my child about life and that is really scary. And I think I might be a little selfish too....ok, maybe a lot selfish. I understand having a child comes with a lot of personal sacrifices and I don't think I'm ready yet. Part of my fears stem from not having met any person with whom I would be comfortable raising children with.

My parents did a fabulous job raising me (I'm also very humble) so I don't know where these thoughts come from but alas, they are there.

Well, there is my first attempt at being vulnerable.... :) more to come.

And if you ever want to talk about these more in person, I would also like to start being more vulnerable in person :)

No comments:

Post a Comment