Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I am stuck.

My experience does not allow me to leave it all behind but I don't know how to move forward. I am paralyzed, unable to move. If I go back, I know that life cannot be the same. If I move forward, I don't know what it looks like. My feet are stuck. I'm lost right now. Wandering through this dense forest with a small light to shine ahead. The light is growing dimmer and dimmer. I know I am not traditional. I never have been. I cannot see my gifts right now. I am not failing but I am not excelling anywhere. I'm stuck. I am overwhelmed by vocation. I feel like I'm going to be wandering forever.

I am stuck.

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Friend,

    Go back to StrengthsQuest...I think when we think too much about vocation in terms of a job and what that means it can get overwhelming. What do you love to do? I KNOW you're excellent at working with people. Connecting. Building relationships. I know that you're a great communicator. I know that you can lead people and they will want to follow you.

    What are your strengths? What are the profound experiences that make you want to know more? to be more? to do more? Those will lead you to a vocation, but I don't think you have to know everything tomorrow. Twists and turns will happen. Maybe you're supposed to be able to talk about vocation, so talk about it in terms of possibility rather than walls.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete